Why Your Reading This...

The aim of this blog and to be honest the aim of what i want to do in life is break into the UK radio industry. This blog will follow my final steps in the UK university system and hopefully my ups and downs into breaking into the industry

Tuesday 29 June 2010

First Blog

This blog (or its intention) is to document my ups and downs of breaking into the UK radio insutry. Yesterday I got my degree results from Staffordshire Uni were I was reading Film, Television and Radio Studies which I got told I will receive a 2.1 Ba Honours degree in. Later that day I had the long drive down to Bournemouth Uni for my masters interview for their masters course in Radio Production, which they also accepted me for that day. So as you can probably tell yesterday was a huge day for me.

But about me, I'm 22 years old I come from a small market town on the North Downs south of the Capital London, UK and have wanted to work in the media for years ever since I went on a tour round the BBC studios, it wasn't though unitl I was at Staffs Uni that I could decide between TV or radio and I fell in love with the radio medium.

I belive and feel radio is a the most intermit and alsmot beautiful medium of them all as their is no visual input and only audio so each listener has a different experience than the other. Radio is also less expencive to produce shows for and operate which means more experimental programmes can be made and people can try and have their break into the media on it. Shows like Little Britain also started on the radio and are now on the TV. Radio is going through one of the biggest changes since commercial radio station first started broadcasting in 1973 with LBC and its News. I want to be part of the changes coming in the coming years and want to shape radio for a legacy that I can be proud of.

Now this Blog won't be updated every day or for that matter every week, This wall is a place for me to share my stories or thoughts about radio and how it will affect me in the coming years!

So I hope you'll come with me on this journey of mine and let me share it with you

1 comment:

  1. Wow Bungle - I for one am looking forward to reading about your journey - and having listened to you and been part of the interaction whilst you were at Staffs Uni, I just know you are going to be great at this.

    ReplyDelete